Please read this document carefully before accessing or using RapidMoon. (Effective 30 September 2013.)
When you read RapidMoon or we below, it refers to the RapidMoon product and the Company that owns it; Nask Ventures Associates is the UK-based company that owns RapidMoon, and which trades as RapidMoon. Should you have other questions or concerns about this document, please send us an e-mail at anat@RapidMoon.com
Keep coming back here for the latest#
This is a dynamic, living document that we expect will change as our relationship with users grows and we grow as a result. With your help, we want to make it the best (relationships as well as document!). If you read something that you would like to discuss, or if you think of something that should be added, please get in touch! Email email@example.com and we'll chat. We cannot amend this document for a particular customer, but if your suggested changes could apply to all of our customers, we'll be happy to consider updating it for everyone. This document will be constantly improved over time. By continuing to use the site, you will implicitly accept the changes we make. Your access and use of RapidMoon is always subject to the most current version of this document.
Please dont's breach our terms#
If you breach any of the terms and conditions in this document, your authorization to access or use RapidMoon automatically terminates. Any materials downloaded or printed from RapidMoon in violation of the Terms of Service must be immediately destroyed. We may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of RapidMoon at any time in our sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you. We have never had to do this, and we hope it never happens. If you think we have restrained your access by mistake, get in touch and we'll give you our reasoning. We also have a quick way to restore access without losing any of your data.
If you access, you accepts#
By accessing or using RapidMoon in any way, whether you have created your own RapidMoon site or are invited to someone else's site as a project member, or are just browsing around, you agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions written in this document. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions contained in this document, do not access RapidMoon.
Support for RapidMoon is currently provided by our dedicated team and Email support is also included but is only provided to RapidMoon site owners and registered beta testers authorised by us. If you have an issue with your RapidMoon site, contact your site owner first, via their email address if you know it.
We take pride in providing excellent customer support, but we are also a small team and value our work/life balance. This means that although we'll try our best, we do not guarantee 24/7 support.
Access to your data
Access to your data: What do we know and why#
We collect the following personal data:
We do not collect Mailing Address or Credit Card information directly. For commercial users of RapdiMoon, encrypted credit card details are processed by our payment gateway provider (see "WHO CAN SEE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER") and we have not access to this information. We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive and these are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. Please be aware that your browser must be enabled to accept cookies from RapidMoon.com in order for you to use RapidMoon. Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
Can you see my password?#
No! We do not store your password unencrypted, so no-one can read it. For encrypting the passwords, we use SHA512 hashing and a unique random salt for each user.
It is your sole responsibility to keep your user name, password and other sensitive information confidential. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, you shall notify RapidMoon immediately. If you forget your password, we may send you a secure link via email that lets you reset it.
Who can see my credit card details?#
No-one at RapidMoon. We use a very trustworthy and secure payment service to process payments from our commercial customers. Beta testers are not required to share their credit card details.
We are totally committed to Children's Privacy#
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Can I access my information?#
You can access all your personally-identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging into RapidMoon and visiting the settings pages.
Who can see my projects?
You, the user, control access to your projects depending on the project access level you choose for your projects. By default, each project is private, but the site owner or any staff member who's part of that project can make it public.
For private projects: the only people who can see your work are staff members invited to the project, project members, your site owner and some RapidMoon employees (for the purpose of maintaining the service).
If you send an image permalink or a prototype view link to someone, they will be able to access that image or prototype view, even without logging in. The link is deliberately very long and hard to guess.
For websites, blog and wiki projects: anyone with a link to your site can see your apps and projects. Your public projects will also be indexed by search engines.
Who can access my Data and how?#
- WHO: We restrict who at RapidMoon can access customer data to only senior members of the team, and never to outside contractors. We never ever share what we see with other customers or the general public. [The only exception to this is that we might give access to the authorities – such as the Police -- if requested in writing. These will be circumstances beyond our control and we will keep your site owner informed as much as we can if this happens.]
- WHEN: We would only access your data in response to questions raised by you.
- WHY: Other than when ordered by the authorities, we only do it in order to resolve your query, or, for instance, debug and fix an issue. We never make changes to anything unless explicitly requested by a site owner.
- WHERE: All of our customers' data resides in the same database. We use software best practices to guarantee that only people who you designate as viewers of your data can access it. In other words, we segment our customer data via software. Like every other web app that hosts their customer data on the same database, cannot guarantee that a sophisticated hacker cannot access other people's data.
What about security and hacker attaches?#
All of our servers are highly physically secured and we also have our own practices in place, which follow the industry's best practices. We keep our servers always up to date with security fixes, have one-click ways to take down servers should they become infected/compromised and to create and deploy new clean ones.
If you have discovered a security concern, please email us at anat@RapidMoon.com. We’ll work with you to make sure that we understand the scope of the issue, and that we fully address your concern. We consider correspondence sent to anat@RapidMoon.com our highest priority, and work to address any issues that arise as quickly as possible.
Please act in good faith towards our users’ privacy and data during your disclosure. We won’t take legal action against you or administrative action against your account if you act accordingly: White hat researchers are always appreciated.
Intellectual Property Rights
Who owns RapidMoon materials?#
RapidMoon materials are all the information, data, documents (e.g. white papers, press releases, datasheets, FAQs, etc.), communications, downloads, files, text, images, photographs, graphics, videos, webcasts, publications, content, tools, resources, software, code, programs and products on RapidMoon produced by RapidMoon.
You agree not to copy, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, adapt, create derivative works based on, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, display, perform, license, sublicense or reverse engineer the RapidMoon service or RapidMoon Materials or any portions of them.
You agree that you will not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the software. Any copying or redistribution of the software is prohibited, including any copying or reproduction of the software to any other server or location for further reproduction, redistribution or use on a service bureau basis. Any unauthorized use, copying or distribution of the software is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on this Site are the property of RapidMoon Studios, LLC or other third parties. You are not permitted to use them without the prior written consent of RapidMoon Studios, LLC or such third party that may own the Marks. RapidMoon and the RapidMoon logo are trademarks of Giacomo Guilizzoni, licensed to RapidMoon Studios, LLC.
- RapidMoon materials may not be modified or altered in any way.
- RapidMoon materials on RapidMoon may not be distributed or sold, rented, leased, licensed or otherwise made available to others.
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the RapidMoon materials.
- You may not copy or distribute any graphics in the RapidMoon materials apart from their accompanying text.
- You will not quote or display RapidMoon materials, or any portions thereof, out of context.
- RapidMoon reserves the right to revoke the authorization to view, download and print the RapidMoon materials available via RapidMoon at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from RapidMoon.
- The rights granted to you constitute a license and not a transfer of title.
"AS-IS", Indemnity and Liability#
The RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials are provided by RapidMoon under these Terms of Service "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, RapidMoon makes no warranty that
- the RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials will meet your requirements;
- the RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials will be effective, accurate, or reliable;
- the quality of the site or any services or materials purchased or accessible by you will meet your expectations; and
- any errors or defects in RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials will be corrected.
This RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials may include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies, or typographical errors. RapidMoon may make changes to the site, materials and services, including the prices and descriptions of any software or products listed, at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. The RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials may be out of date, and RapidMoon makes no commitment to update the site, materials and services.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- RapidMoon does not control, endorse, or accept responsibility for any materials or services offered by third parties, including third-party vendors and third parties accessible through linked sites;
- RapidMoon makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any such third parties, their materials or services;
- any dealings you may have with such third parties are at your own risk; and
- RapidMoon shall not be liable or responsible for any materials or services offered by third parties.
RapidMoon does not control or endorse the materials found in any services and specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the site, services and any actions resulting from your use of the RapidMoon service and RapidMoon materials and participation in any services. Managers, hosts, site owners, project members and other third parties are not authorized RapidMoon spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of RapidMoon. To the maximum extent permitted by law, RapidMoon will have no liability related to user materials arising under intellectual property rights, libel, privacy, publicity, obscenity or other laws. RapidMoon also disclaims all liability with respect to the misuse, loss, modification or unavailability of any user materials.
The use of RapidMoon service, RapidMoon materials or the downloading or other use of any materials is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, loss of data or other harm that results from such activities. RapidMoon assumes no liability for any computer virus or other similar software code that is downloaded to your computer from the site or in connection with any services or materials.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from RapidMoon or via the site, services or materials shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms of Service. RapidMoon will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account with respect to the site or any services or materials, either with or without your knowledge.
You agree to indemnify and hold RapidMoon and its officers, co-branders, other partners and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- 1. your user materials and any other content (e.g. computer viruses) that you may submit, post to or transmit through RapidMoon, including a third party’s use of such user materials or content (e.g. reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of your user materials);
- 2. your access to or use of RapidMoon (including any use by your employees, contractors or agents and all uses of your account numbers, user names and passwords, whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you, in connection with RapidMoon);
- 3. your connection to RapidMoon;
- 4. your violation of the Terms of Service;
- 5. the actions of any member of your work group, including non-logged in users you have granted access to your RapidMoon site;
- 6. your infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights when using any of the software made available on RapidMoon;
- 7. your violation of any rights of any third party;
- 8. your access to or use of linked sites and your connections thereto; or
- 9. any dealings between you and any third parties advertising or promoting via RapidMoon.
In no event shall RapidMoon, its officers, directors, employees, partners or suppliers be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or losses of any kind, or any damages or losses whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable or if RapidMoon has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, and on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty, negligence or other tortious action, or any other claim arising out of or in connection with:
- the access or use of or the inability to access or use the RapidMoon service or RapidMoon materials;
- the statements or actions of any third party on or via the site, services or materials;
- any dealings with vendors or other third parties;
- any unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions, user materials or other data;
- any information that is sent or received or not sent or received;
- any failure to store or loss of data, files, materials or other content;
- any services available that are delayed or interrupted;
- any web site referenced or linked to from this site; or
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use any linked site.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. Accordingly, the limitations and exclusions set forth above may not apply to you.
Your apps and assets?#
RapidMoon does not claim intellectual property rights over wireframes created on RapidMoon.
We leave it to each RapidMoon site owner to decide who should own the IP of the apps created using their RapidMoon site. We encourage site owners to make their policy clear to their site users, either via email or by posting it on their RapidMoon site
You acknowledge and agree that RapidMoon has no liability of any kind should anyone you granted access to your content modify, destroy, corrupt, copy or distribute it, or violate the Terms of Service or other limitations that you may impose on the use of your shared content.
RapidMoon does not pre-screen user materials that users provide or otherwise submit via RapidMoon; however, RapidMoon may remove any posted or submitted user materials from RapidMoon for any reason without notice in its sole discretion. By posting or submitting your user materials, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the intellectual property rights and other rights to your user materials as described in these Terms of Service, including all the rights necessary for you to post or submit your user materials.
In addition, by posting or otherwise submitting your user materials that contain images, photographs, pictures, videos, webcasts or that are otherwise graphical in whole or in part ("Images"), you represent and warrant that: (a) you own the copyright in such Images, or that you have obtained all necessary license(s) from the copyright owner(s) of such Images to use such Images, or portions thereof, in keeping with your use in connection with RapidMoon and as otherwise permitted by these Terms of Service; (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sublicenses described in these Terms of Service; and (c) you have received consent from any and all persons depicted in such Images to use the Images as set forth in these Terms of Service, including the distribution, public display, public performance and reproduction of such Images.
You are solely and entirely responsible for all of your user materials that you post or otherwise submit via RapidMoon. You shall assume all risks associated with the use of your user materials including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of your user materials. RapidMoon does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of your user materials. You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using RapidMoon, you may be exposed to user materials from others that are offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable.
RapidMoon may block, restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of RapidMoon at any time in RapidMoon’s sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you. RapidMoon will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. RapidMoon will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions in close cooperation with designated UK authorities.
Jurisdiction and Enforcement
The RapidMoon service (excluding linked sites) is controlled by Nask Ventures Associates Ltd., from its offices within the United Kingdom. By accessing RapidMoon, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, RapidMoon shall be governed by the statutes and laws of England & Wales. The parties specifically disclaim the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
The Terms of Service and other rules, guidelines, licenses and disclaimers posted via RapidMoon or in connection with the Materials and Services constitute the entire agreement between RapidMoon and you with respect to your access to or use of the RapidMoon service and materials superseding any prior agreements between you and RapidMoon on such subject matter (including any prior versions of the Terms of Service). Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that any terms set forth in the Terms of Service expressly contradict any terms of a written agreement between you and RapidMoon regarding the use of specific Services or Materials (including Service-specific Terms of Service and Software-specific licenses) ("Executed Agreement"), such contradictory terms set forth in the Executed Agreement shall govern.
You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use other RapidMoon services, third party content or third party software. You may not assign or otherwise transfer the Terms of Service nor any right granted hereunder without RapidMoon’s prior written consent. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms of Service, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties as reflected by that provision, and the remainder of the Terms of Service shall continue in full force and effect. Any failure by RapidMoon to enforce or exercise any provision of the Terms of Service or related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision. The section titles used in the Terms of Service are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.